AmaZulu Football Club is a professional football club based in Durban. The main club facilities are currently at Moses Mabhida Stadium and matches are played at King Zwelithini Stadium, Umlazi.
Our vision is to become a world-class football brand with the proud traditions of the Zulu Nation. Our mission is to add value to stakeholders though the development of players and management at both senior level & development level. Core to this statement is the development of our own talent and business principles that will ultimately give us a competitive advantage.
AmaZulu FC Core Values
The High Performance Manager is a Key member of the AmaZulu Performance Team responsible for providing leadership in the design, development and delivery of critical sports science programmes, activities and events to ensure optimal athlete performance.
1. Coordinates sport science interventions for all teams including the Youth Academy Programmes
2. Is responsible for athlete monitoring & player welfare of the 1st team and Youth Academy
3. Is responsible for sports science coaching support for the 1st team and Youth Academy
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR THIS ROLE:
• Educated to degree level, with Masters Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a sports science / exercise discipline.
• Significant applied experience of high performance sport in a leadership role with demonstrable success.
• Experience of working with sports teams, elite athletes, coaches and technical staff assisting in the design, implementation and evaluation of their performance programmes.
• Advanced knowledge and experience of the fundamental requirements associated with operating and being successful in a national and international sporting environment including Sound understanding of modern technical innovations in player and coach development
• Demonstrable experience of being an excellent people manager that uses appropriate interpersonal styles to strategically align, develop, motivate and lead a staff team through continuous development toward successful outcomes and attainment of ambitious business objectives.
• Proven ability in strategy development and execution
• Sound administration experience, including budget management, report preparation, record keeping and IT applications.
• Communication ability – able to produce reports, proposals, budgets, presentations, and training plans.
Strategic mindset – Strong interpersonal communication skills – Innovative – Hard working
SPECIAL CONDITIONS (such as travel requirements, frequent overtime, etc)
• Travel will be required.
• Flexible working hours, including evenings and weekends.
RESPONSIBILITIES – AMAZULU HIGH PERFORMANCE MANAGER
1. Coordinates sport science interventions for all teams
• Develops & reviews all sports science testing protocols
• Develops tools to monitor athlete performance
• Develops protocols to enhance athlete performance
• Quarterly fitness tests for all players
• Drafting, monitoring & updating of the individual gym programmes for each player.
• Monitors all player programmes, including youth academy, to ensure AmaZulu FC has the best conditioned players in the country
2. Athlete monitoring – player welfare
• Develops & reviews rehabilitation protocols in collaboration with all medical personnel
• Ensures that all 1st team players are being managed efficiently and accessing appropriate resources during rehabilitation
• Use available resources maximally to ensure proactive management of player welfare
• Make performance related recommendations based on athlete monitoring
3. Sports science coaching support
• Provide direction for the development and delivery of world class technical (including coaching and athlete development) and strategic support services
• Research, analyse and report on national and international best practice in sport and individual athlete performance
• Delivers post-match reports on items agreed with Head Coach
• Manage the budget for all aspects of the AmaZulu FC high performance programs
• Ensure that all opportunities to promote news and stories for the high performance programs are delivered in a timely manner to the Manager, Sponsorship, Marketing and Communications
• Develop and monitor all policies and procedures in relation to the high performance and state programs
• Produce timely reports and recommendations. Delivers reports as agreed by management to monthly management meeting which may include:
o Player weights
o Fitness levels
o Quarterly test for all the players.
o Feedback on the individual gym programmes for each player.
o Training intensity levels for training sessions and friendly matches.
o Monthly loading schedules, highlighting players at risk of injury.
• Plan, organise, troubleshoot, pay attention to detail
• Establish a good repoire with staff and patrons
• Train and mentor
DEPARTMENT: Technical/Football Department
REPORTS TO: Club Head Coach
EFFECTIVE DATE: 01 June 2019 if possible but 1 July if notice to be served
EMPLOYMENT LEVEL: N/A
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed Term Contract for three years with an option to renew for further two
SALARY RANGE: To be negotiated
Email CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: COB Monday 27 May 2019
Successful candidates will need to be ready for interviews on Wednesday 29 May 2019